Thank you! Applications now closed for this position.
This is a two year full-time junior position, and you will spend at least 20% of your time on training projects – an opportunity for a motivated junior level retoucher to work with and learn from the best. You will be using primarily Adobe Photoshop and will already have an excellent understanding of the application.
Recom Farmhouse is a creatively demanding workplace where boundaries are pushed and where personal, technical, creative growth is supported. Use of all technical equipment for portfolio projects is offered.
In close collaboration and with support from Head of Post Production and Senior Retouchers, you will aim to create high quality imagery, some containing CG elements, for stills and animation, using specialist software. You’ll support the post production team wherever possible and train to develop creative retouching skills. You should be technically minded with a fine art sensibility and interest in contemporary art.
Continuous training will be a large part of the job, working on a large and varied set of test images with support and constructive feedback from Senior Retouchers and Head of Post Production. Training will be in:
- Colour and grading
- Automotive retouching
- Composition and layering
- Working with CG render passes and their advanced use.
- Beauty and lifestyle retouching
- Pipeline and different workflows
- Capture One
As part of this role, you can expect to:
- Composite images from multiple photographs.
- Process files and accurately prep images where necessary.
- Composite render passes and integrate with photography.
- Check and assess supplied photography for sufficient resolution and quality.
- Research and source stock imagery from external suppliers when required.
- Ensure RFH workflow and file handling is followed.
- With support from Head of Post Production, Creative Director or senior retouchers, accurately address mark-ups without missing comments.
- Liaise with Project Manager, Head of Post Production or Senior retouchers during day to day retouching. Awareness of deadlines in order to deliver projects on time and flag any timing issues as soon as the concern arises.
- Gain experience in live projects wherever possible and support the retouching team whenever necessary.
- Ensure companies’ data security measures are followed at all times.
- Suggest and be involved in portfolio projects.
- Keep up to date with technical and creative developments within the post production industry and fine art photography.
- Support the Social Media Manager.
- General awareness in the studio, help maintain a tidy working environment, answer the phone and door, run errands, help with lunch and help look after clients on site.
The Clapton Tram Depot is a great working environment of converted buildings around a cobbled street / courtyard with a variety of small and interesting creative businesses. There is plenty of bike parking inside our big warehouse space and we’re close to Clapton train station. We believe strongly in a good work/life balance and enjoyable working conditions. We keep to a 40 hour work week whenever possible, with flexible start and end times (deadlines permitting).
We love to see creative, personal and professional development and support training, personal projects, self-learning, conferences and field trips such as exhibitions.
We always take time out to sit down to our communal lunch, which is provided – we decide together what we want each week, and order a wide range for all tastes and preferences. We all realise the importance of coffee and have an excellent espresso machine.
Every two weeks, we also have a masseur visit on site, to keep your Wacom arm in tip-top shape!
If you’re interested in working with us, please send your CV and five portfolio images to email@example.com, with a little about why you chose these projects, what you did, and what you especially like about each one. Please include “Junior Retoucher” in the subject line of your email.
Recom Farmhouse is a London Living Wage Employer. This is a London based role only.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you : – )
We are also recruiting for three other roles at Recom Farmhouse London:
Lead 3D Artist / Generalist