We’re looking for an awesome Senior Technical 3D artist / Pipeline TD to join our London studio.
You will be working on some of the more technical aspect of projects, which could be CG landscapes, physics simulations, or developing complex shader sets and also be developing our Maya/VRay/Deadline pipeline, help our CG artists develop toolsets, help us improve our workflow with your scripting knowledge, and liaise with our IT team.
We always try to push a project further than our clients expect, discovering new techniques that are more photorealistic, faster, more flexible and aesthetic. We want you to be excited about this too, to be a confident collaborator and innovator.
As part of the small and friendly team in London, you’ll also join a much bigger family in our studios in New York, Berlin, Stuttgart, Munich and Sofia, where our amazing and experienced artists communicate happily via systems such as Slack, to collaborate and support each other. We support self-learning and personal projects. You’d be reporting to the London Managing Director.
You’ll already have a high level of proficiency in Maya, V-Ray and Deadline, including:
- Understanding of light in the real world and its corresponding representation in 3D rendering software.
Understanding of real world camera parameters and their representation in Maya/V-Ray.
- Experience of animation in Maya
- Creating final images and image sequences using V-Ray and Maya, in-depth knowledge of setting up render layers, optimising and troubleshooting
- Python scripting skills, especially for Maya and Nuke APIs
And advanced proficiency in one or more of the following:
Additionally, you’ll have:
- Proficient knowledge of the technical aspects of 3D such as – AOVs, optimisation techniques and render farm infrastructure including Amazon AWS Cloud render
- LookDev – Experience of photorealistic texturing using a painting package such as Substance Painter and/or Photoshop to create texture maps for 3D models
- Modelling hard surfaces for replacement of CAD parts or other objects as per layouts
- UV-ing – Unwrapping geometry for texturing
- Scripting (Python)
- Basic Rigging
- Interest in developing efficiency and streamlining the pipeline
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in collaboration with ITNice-To-Haves:
- C++ and OSL scripting
- ACES and OCIO experience
- Experience of asset management
- Experience in working in multi-site environments
The Clapton Tram Depot is a great working environment of converted buildings around a cobbled street / courtyard with a variety of small and interesting creative businesses. There is plenty of bike parking inside our big warehouse space and we’re close to Clapton train station. We believe strongly in a good work/life balance and enjoyable working conditions. We keep to a 40 hour work week whenever possible, with flexible start and end times (deadlines permitting).
We love to see creative, personal and professional development and support training, personal projects, self-learning, conferences and field trips such as exhibitions.
We always take time out to sit down to our communal lunch, which is provided – we decide together what we want each week, and order a wide range for all tastes and preferences. We all realise the importance of coffee and have an excellent espresso machine.
Every two weeks, we also have a masseur visit on site, to keep your Wacom arm in tip-top shape!
If you’re interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and three projects that you’ve worked on to email@example.com, with a little about why you like these projects and what you find fascinating about the processes involved in each one, and your salary expectations. Please include “Senior Technical 3D artist / Pipeline TD” in the subject line of your email.
This is a London based role only.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you : – )
We are also recruiting for three other roles at Recom Farmhouse London:
Lead 3D Artist / Generalist
Junior Retoucher Applications now closed for Junior Retoucher position