We’re looking for a creative Senior Pipeline TD to join our London studio.
You will be developing our Maya/VRay/Deadline/Nuke pipeline, collaborate with our CG artists to develop workflows and toolsets, and liaise with our IT team.
You’ll also have responsibility for aligning our NYC pipeline with London.
We always try to push a project further than our clients expect, discovering new techniques that are more photorealistic, faster, more flexible and aesthetic. We want you to be excited about this too, to be a confident collaborator and innovator.As part of the small and friendly team in London, you’ll also join a much bigger family in our studios in New York, Berlin, Stuttgart, Munich and Sofia, where our amazing and experienced artists communicate happily via systems such as Slack, to collaborate and support each other. We support self-learning and personal projects. You’d be reporting to the London Managing Director.
Skills and Software:
- Ideally you’ll have a VFX background with some experience in Maya, V-Ray, Deadline, and Nuke.
- Maya/VRay experience setting up render layers, optimising and troubleshooting
- Python scripting skills, especially for Maya, Deadline and Nuke APIs
Additionally, we are looking for:
- Proficient knowledge of the technical aspects of 3D such as AOVs and optimisation techniques
- Good Understanding of render farm infrastructure ideally including Amazon AWS Cloud render
- Interest in developing efficiency and streamlining the pipeline
- Ability to troubleshoot and work in collaboration with IT
- Experience of asset management
- Experience in working in multi-site environments
- C++ and OSL scripting
- ACES and OCIO experience
- Windows, macOS and Linux proficiency
The Clapton Tram Depot is a great working environment of converted buildings around a cobbled street / courtyard with a variety of small and interesting creative businesses. There is plenty of bike parking inside our big warehouse space and we’re close to Clapton train station. We believe strongly in a good work/life balance and enjoyable working conditions. We keep to a 40 hour work week whenever possible, with flexible start and end times (deadlines permitting).
We love to see creative, personal and professional development and support training, personal projects, self-learning, conferences and field trips such as exhibitions.
We always take time out to sit down to our communal lunch, which is provided – we decide together what we want each week, and order a wide range for all tastes and preferences. We all realise the importance of coffee and have an excellent espresso machine.
Every two weeks, we also have a masseur visit on site, to keep your Wacom arm in tip-top shape!
Please send your CV and three projects that you’ve worked on to email@example.com, with a little about why you like these projects and what you find fascinating about the processes involved in each one, and your salary expectations. Please include “Senior Pipeline TD” in the subject line of your email.
We are also recruiting for three other roles at Recom Farmhouse London:
Lead 3D Artist / Generalist
Junior RetoucherApplications now closed for Junior Retoucher position